The first time I fell in love with Coconut + Lime pairing was thanks to Bath & Bodyworks. Some beautiful shower gel, zesty and a perfect way to start the morning.
Now, I am more likely to be making my coconut lime rice than extolling the virtues of artificial fragrances. So here it is – my recipe for this zest, tasty rice dish, perfect with any number of hot curries!
Ingredients for Coconut Lime Rice:
- 2 ½ Cups Basmati Rice
- 2 Cups of Coconut Milk
- 1 ¾ Cup water
- Juice and zest of 4 Limes
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Coriander leaves (optional)
Method for Coconut Lime Rice:
- Rinse the rice until water runs clear. About 6-8 times.
- Soak rice in water, for at least 30 minutes. I normally do it for an hour.
- Heat oil in pot. Saute the rice for a minute.
- Pour in water, coconut milk and lime juice into the pot. Add some salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil, reduce flame to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork, cover and keep for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Add coriander and lime zest as a garnish and you’re ready to eat!
Try it with my beautiful Beef Short Ribs Curry – it’s the perfect zesty match to the rich curry!